January in review.
I was inspired by The Dauphine to do a monthly recap of my favourite things. Although she does it weekly, this will hopefully be a monthly thing. My life just isn’t eventful enough to do this every week. Kind of like the favourite videos so many YouTubers do, but untill I decide talking to a camera won’t be totally embarrassing this will be a written thing.
So without further ado, here are some things I enjoyed in january.
- I should probably step up my game. These guys are 17 and made the short film Escapade. (Meanwhile I’m doing ??? nothing) It’s shot in Amsterdam, which I love, because I can basically recognise every location and it reminds me that Amsterdam is actually pretty beautiful.
- Kanye West is kind of a favourite always, but this month he brought out the track Only One which gave us 1) an amazing song 2) a lot of great jokes about ‘so nice that Kanye gives this unknown old man Paul McCartney a platform!!!’ and all of traditional media thinking it’s serious 3) SO MANY cute Kanye & North moments. Did you see the video of Only One? Did you see all the cute pictures of Kanye and North? Did you also get an inferiority complex because North isn’t even 2 and already dresses better than you do?!
- the film Jongens (meaning: boys) is a story about two boys on the same athletic team who fall in love. This movie is filled with cute little scenes, and I love the way it’s filmed. I rarely watch Dutch films, so it was a pleasant surprise that apparently we do make nice films in this country.
- Avocado. On toast, in salads, with salmon, with egg. Basically avocado is my new favourite food every and it’s healthy. I totally blame Rosianna Halse Rojas for this.
- After my dad has been recommending Zen & The Art Of Motorcycle Maintenance to me for the past 2 years, I finally read it this month for my English class. Having to read 3/4 of the book in one day because you have a test about it, and having to analyse Quality isn’t great, but the book itself is nice. So many philosophical theories, so many food for thought.
- How To Get Away With Murder started again!! This is currently one of the only series I watch, and it’s seriously amazing. It’s about law students who are covering up a murder and a ton of other things. Also the one of the episodes features a Vera Wang wedding dress, which in itself is a good enough reason to watch.
That was all. I probably forgot a ton of things, but that’s good because otherwise this would be way too long!